The following position is available in our Roanoke, VA office:
Interior Design Intern
Successful candidate have either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited University. Experience in a professional office environment of up to two years is preferred. Experience should include work on commercial, institutional and residential projects encompassing health care, assisted living, higher education, and/or multi-family. Renovation experience would be a plus.
Skills and knowledge required include the following:
- Work with clients and other interior designers to design or renovate interior spaces.
- Exhibit the visual skills and ability to understand and develop design solutions.
- Ability and understanding of three-dimensional forms and models.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and solutions to clients and other team members.
- Ability to work with a team and coordinate interior features/responsibilities with other team members.
- Initiative and willingness to be responsible for specific tasks.
- Focus, efficiency and dependability; eagerness to assist as needed.
- Multi-tasking; prioritization of assigned tasks.
- Ability to correspond professionally
- Possess knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of schematic design through construction drawings.
- Knowledge and competency in software packages including AutoCAD 2016, Revit, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) Google SketchUp, Microsoft Office, etc.
Quality Control and Specifications Coordinator
Quality Control and Specifications coordinator with minimum 15+ years’ experience working on medium to large scale projects – senior living, education, healthcare, and government projects preferred. Previous experience as a Quality Control or Masterspec coordinator in an architectural/engineering firm is required. Successful candidate will possess certificate or degree in architecture, engineering or related discipline from a community college or an accredited university with “well-rounded” organizational and drawing review skills, along with a solid knowledge of architectural and engineering specifications. The position requires Coordinator to manage all aspects of quality control/drawing review process in an architectural/engineering office along as it relates to individual projects. This position also requires the overall responsibility for development and maintenance of SFCS in house Master specifications. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
- Possess detail knowledge of Quality Control process and ability to perform a detailed drawing review on architectural documents, including in-depth coordination review with all engineering systems.
- Possess the ability to coordinate the Quality Control process so that all disciplines (architectural, engineering and outside consultants) have performed individual reviews of their specific discipline, coordinated all comments with every member of the team and insured a complete Quality Control Review has been performed.
- Possess the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple project Quality Control reviews as to allow each project to maintain its schedule.
- Work with COO to improve current Quality Control process.
- Possess in depth knowledge and detailed understanding of AIA Masterspec specifications and AIA documents including AIA A201 General Conditions and each of the various AIA contracts.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of Masterworks software.
- Being responsible for overall maintenance and continued updates of Masterspec and SFCS Master.
- Ability to perform spec writing for individual projects and assisting project teams.
- Work with project team to ensure that project specs are delivered complete and on time per project schedules.
- Possess the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple project specifications as to allow each project to maintain its schedule.
- Excellent personal interface capabilities and organizational skills to communicate effectively with team members and out of house consultants.
- Strong written and multi-tasking skills are a must including solid time management skills.
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University and have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in an architectural office environment. Candidate should possess knowledge of design techniques, tool, and principles involved in production of schematic design through construction drawings, and the ability and understanding of three-dimensional forms and models. Experience should include work on commercial, institutional and residential projects encompassing health care, assisted living, higher education, and/or multi-family. Renovation experience would be a plus.
Other skills and knowledge required include the following:
- Knowledge and competency in software packages including AutoCAD 2014, Revit, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Exhibit the ability to provide design solutions and the use of various methods of delivery/presentation to clients and team members.
- Visual skills to understand and develop design solutions.
- Multi-tasking/ability to participate in several capacities or projects simultaneously.
- Initiative and willingness to be responsible for specific tasks.
- Focus, efficiency and dependability; willingness to assist when needed.
- Ability to ensure that all the requirements of a project are put into the production drawings and that the different team members are aware of any changes that occur during design and production phases.
- Ability to coordinate with consultants and other disciplines that are involved in the project, i.e. structural, electrical, civil engineers.
SFCS Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on any protected category in all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring. We are also an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to affirmative action and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful form of discrimination. As required by law, we must record certain information to be made a part of our Affirmative Action Program. Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by voluntarily self-identifying their gender, race and ethnicity, disability and protected veteran status as specified by the links below. Submission of this information is strictly voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information obtained will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with the provision of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will be maintained separately from your application for employment. If you do not wish to self-identify at this time, you may do so in the future by submitting this form. Failure to provide the following information will not subject you to any adverse action or treatment and will have no bearing on your employment application.Please complete the information requested below. Thank you for your cooperation.
Invitation to Self-Identify Gender, Race and Ethnicity
Invitation to Self-Identify Disability Status
Invitation to Self-Identify Veteran Status
Please submit the following to apply for a position above:
Resume with cover letter stating your position of interest, by email to email@example.com or send to SFCS Inc., 305 S. Jefferson St., Roanoke, VA 24011, Attn: A. Satterwhite.
Complete the Employment Application via the link below
Complete the three (3) Invitation to Self-Identify forms (strictly voluntary), as per the links above.
Your interest in pursuing a career with SFCS is appreciated!
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTSThis employer wishes to comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and their respective implementing regulations, which require non‑exempt government contractors and subcontractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment disabled veterans, three-year recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and qualified disabled individuals. If you believe you may be covered by these laws and wish to be treated accordingly, please identify yourself either immediately or at any time in the future in confidence to the Affirmative Action Administrator. Submission of this information is voluntary, and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information provided will be kept confidential, and shall be maintained in a separate file and will be used only in accordance with federal regulations.
Edited On: 8/26/2016 4:27:11 PM