The following position is available in our Roanoke, VA office:
Successful candidate will have a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis on building structures. P.E. registration, with the ability to be registered in multiple states is required. Candidate will have solid background in structural analysis and design courses, with at least 6 years of experience in commercial building design. Experience with structural analysis programs and the following structural building systems are required: structural steel, cast-in-place and pre-cast concrete, masonry, cold-formed metal and wood-framed structures. This position is based in our Roanoke office.
The position requires performance of all aspects of structural engineering, as it relates to individually assigned projects including, but not limited to, the following:
Meet with architects and clients to determine appropriate structural systems, location of structural elements, and preliminary cost estimates.
Perform appropriate field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing structural components for re-use and retrofit.
Meet with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design and production drawings.
Prepare contract documents using AutoCAD and Revit software for drawings and MS Word for schematic design narratives and specifications.
Usage of structural analysis programs, such as RAM Structural System and Enercalc.
Oversee structural construction administration of the project, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
Possess strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to multi-task - working on simultaneous project assignments, each in different phases.
Oversee and mentor less-experienced engineering and architectural staff.
Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University and have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in an architectural office environment. Candidate should possess knowledge of design techniques, tool, and principles involved in production of schematic design through construction drawings, and the ability and understanding of three-dimensional forms and models. Experience should include work on commercial, institutional and residential projects encompassing health care, assisted living, higher education, and/or multi-family. Renovation experience would be a plus.
Other skills and knowledge required include the following:
- Knowledge and competency in software packages including AutoCAD 2014, Revit, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Exhibit the ability to provide design solutions and the use of various methods of delivery/presentation to clients and team members.
- Visual skills to understand and develop design solutions.
- Multi-tasking/ability to participate in several capacities or projects simultaneously.
- Initiative and willingness to be responsible for specific tasks.
- Focus, efficiency and dependability; willingness to assist when needed.
- Ability to ensure that all the requirements of a project are put into the production drawings and that the different team members are aware of any changes that occur during design and production phases.
- Ability to coordinate with consultants and other disciplines that are involved in the project, i.e. structural, electrical, civil engineers.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, with a solid background in electrical systems design coursework and 8-12 years of experience with medium to large scale projects – senior living, education, healthcare and government projects preferred. Knowledge of the National Electric Code, NFPA and IBC codes, in addition to experience with analysis and layout of electrical power, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems is required. PE registration is required.
This position requires performance of all aspects of electrical engineering as it relates to individually assigned commercial building projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Meet with architects and clients to determine appropriate electrical systems, location of electrical components, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Perform appropriate field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing electrical components for re-use and retrofit.
- Ability to design electrical systems and provide concepts and schematic design packages indicating those systems.
- Meet with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design, have the ability to lead engineering team; oversee and mentor electrical EIT and CAD technician staff.
- Prepare contract documents using AutoCAD 2015 and BIM/Revit 2015 software for drawings, MS Word for schematic design narratives and specifications, and MS Excel for panel schedules and computations.
- Oversee electrical construction administration of the project, including shop drawing review, site visits, and response to questions from the field.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
- Possess the ability to prepare and write specifications.
The following position is available in our Roanoke, VA and/or Charlotte, NC office:
Architectural CAD Technician
Successful candidate will possess an Associate degree in Architectural Technology, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the drafting of construction drawings for medium to large commercial buildings. Candidate must possess the following:
Solid background and proficiency in AutoCAD 2013 (or later version)
Hands-on working knowledge of REVIT Architecture software (2013 or later version)
Ability to produce design development and construction documents/projects consistent with instructions, guidelines, and Revit standards, including coordination with civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design drawings
Basic knowledge of Navisworks
BIM Training certification, a passion for BIM implementation on a project and team level, and openness to new approaches and processes in BIM is a plus
Working knowledge and proficiency of other software programs, such as Google SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator would be a plus
The following positions are available in our Philadelphia, PA office:
Project Manager/Project Architect
Licensed Project Architect with 7 to 10 years’ experience working on medium to large scale projects – senior living, education, healthcare, and government projects preferred. Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture or related discipline from an accredited university with “well-rounded” design, management and production skills. The position requires candidate to perform all aspects of architecture, including management tasks, for the full duration of a project. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
Proposal preparation and interview participation
Meeting with clients to assist in determining scope of work
Develop and administer AIA contracts with clients and consultants
Ability to develop and monitor project budgets and schedules
Ability to design and provide concepts and schematic design packages
Ability to lead an architectural team and delegate specific tasks to team members, including consultants
Excellent client interface capabilities and organization skills including ability to lead team meetings
Prepare design development and construction documents, including coordination with engineering team
Understanding of AIA Masterspecs, including ability to prepare and write specifications, including Division 0 and 1
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Strong written and communication skills are a must
Proficiency in AutoCAD 2014 or later version and/or Revit 2014
Construction administration experience is a plus
SFCS Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on any protected category in all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring. We are also an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to affirmative action and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful form of discrimination. As required by law, we must record certain information to be made a part of our Affirmative Action Program. Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by voluntarily self-identifying their gender, race and ethnicity, disability and protected veteran status as specified by the links below. Submission of this information is strictly voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information obtained will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with the provision of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will be maintained separately from your application for employment. If you do not wish to self-identify at this time, you may do so in the future by submitting this form. Failure to provide the following information will not subject you to any adverse action or treatment and will have no bearing on your employment application.Please complete the information requested below. Thank you for your cooperation.
Invitation to Self-Identify Gender, Race and Ethnicity
Invitation to Self-Identify Disability Status
Invitation to Self-Identify Veteran Status
Please submit the following to apply for a position above:
- Resume with cover letter stating your position of interest, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to SFCS Inc., 305 S. Jefferson St., Roanoke, VA 24011, Attn: A. Satterwhite.
- Complete the Employment Application via the link above
- Complete the three (3) Invitation to Self-Identify forms (strictly voluntary), as per the links above.
Your interest in pursuing a career with SFCS is appreciated!
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTSThis employer wishes to comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and their respective implementing regulations, which require non‑exempt government contractors and subcontractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment disabled veterans, three-year recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and qualified disabled individuals. If you believe you may be covered by these laws and wish to be treated accordingly, please identify yourself either immediately or at any time in the future in confidence to the Affirmative Action Administrator. Submission of this information is voluntary, and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information provided will be kept confidential, and shall be maintained in a separate file and will be used only in accordance with federal regulations.
Edited On: 10/6/2015 7:28:04 AM