The following position is available in our Roanoke, VA and/or Charlotte, NC office:
Registered Project Architect with 7 to 10 years experience working on medium to large scale projects – senior living, education, healthcare, and government projects preferred. Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related discipline from an accredited university with “well-rounded” design, management, and production skills. The position requires architect to perform all aspects of architecture as it relates to individually assigned projects. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
- Proposal preparation and interview participation
- Meeting with clients to assist in determining scope of work
- Ability to design and provide concepts and schematic design packages
- Prepare design development and construction documents, including coordination with engineering team
- Ability to lead an architectural team and delegate specific tasks to team members.
- Construction administration experience is a plus
- Strong written and communication skills are a must
- Possess the ability to prepare and write specifications
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2012 or later version and/or Revit 2012
The following positions are available in our Roanoke, VA office:
Senior Interior Designer
Seeking an experienced interior designer with responsibility for interior design of senior living, hospitality, and higher education large-scale projects. This position is located in our Roanoke, VA office; however, we would consider an exceptional candidate to be located in our Philadelphia, PA office.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Minimum 7 years of experience with medium to large scale projects.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Certification required.
- Senior Living, Hospitality or Higher Education experience is required. Having experience in more than one of these markets is a plus.
- FF&E procurement experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2013 is strongly desired, along with basic Revit knowledge.
- Generates and develops overall interior design concepts, formulates design presentation strategies and makes presentations. Works with the design team to integrate the design concept with the rest of the project.
- Manages Interior Design process for entire project duration, consistent with project’s program, budget and time constraints.
- Leads/coordinates color/material selections, interior construction administration and installation.
- Manages project budgets and schedules related to interior design team effort.
- Manages client interaction and decisions related to interior design.
- Participates in marketing efforts and presentations with potential clients.
- Ability to produce construction documents and project specifications.
Successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, with a solid background in electrical systems design coursework and desire to work on medium to large scale projects - senior living, education, healthcare and government projects. Basic knowledge of the National Electric Code, NFPA and IBC codes, in addition to understanding analysis and layout of electrical power, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems is required. EIT registration is preferred.
This position requires performance of all aspects of electrical engineering as it relates to individually assigned commercial building projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to meet with architects and clients to determine appropriate electrical systems, location of electrical components, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Perform appropriate field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing electrSenior Interior Designerical components for re-use and retrofit.
- Ability to design electrical systems and provide concepts and schematic design packages indicating those systems.
- Ability to meet with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design, lead engineering team; oversee CAD technician staff.
- Prepare contract documents using AutoCAD 2013 and BIM/Revit 2014 software for drawings, MS Word for schematic design narratives and specifications, and MS Excel for panel schedules and computations.
- Oversee electrical construction administration of the project, including shop drawing review, site visits, and response to questions from the field.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
- Possess the understanding to prepare and write specifications.
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University and have experience in an architectural office environment. Candidate should possess knowledge of design techniques, tool, and principles involved in production of schematic design through construction drawings, and the ability and understanding of three-dimensional forms and models. Experience should include work on commercial, institutional and residential projects encompassing health care, assisted living, higher education, and/or multi-family. Renovation experience would be a plus.
Other skills and knowledge required include the following:
- Knowledge and competency in software packages including AutoCAD 2013, Revit, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Exhibit the ability to provide design solutions and the use of various methods of delivery/presentation to clients and team members
- Visual skills to understand and develop design solutions
- Multi-tasking/ability to participate in several capacities or projects simultaneously.
- Initiative and willingness to be responsible for specific tasks
- Focus, efficiency and dependability; willingness to assist when needed
- Ability to ensure that all the requirements of a project are put into the production drawings and that the different team members are aware of any changes that occur during design and production phases
- Ability to coordinate with consultants and other disciplines that are involved in the project, i.e. structural, electrical, civil engineers
Architectural CAD Technician
Successful candidate will possess an Associate degree in Architectural Technology, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the drafting of construction drawings for medium to large commercial buildings. Candidate must possess the following:
- Solid background and proficiency in AutoCAD 2013 (or later version)
- Hands-on working knowledge of REVIT Architecture software (2013 or later version)
- Ability to produce design development and construction documents/projects consistent with instructions, guidelines, and Revit standards, including coordination with civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design drawings
- Basic knowledge of Navisworks
- BIM Training certification, a passion for BIM implementation on a project and team level, and openness to new approaches and processes in BIM is a plus
- Working knowledge and proficiency of other software programs, such as Google SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator would be a plus
The following positions are available in our Philadelphia, PA office:
Project Architect/Construction Administrator
Seeking a licensed Architect with a minimum of 10 years of experience with significant background and previous experience as a Construction Administrator. Project experience shall include medium to large scale – senior living, education, healthcare, and government projects preferred. Successful candidate will possess certificate or degree in building construction, architecture or related discipline from a community college or an accredited university with “well-rounded” organizational and management skills, along with a solid knowledge of construction. The position requires administrator to manage all aspects of construction process in an architectural/engineering office as it relates to individually assigned projects, as well as prepare design development and construction documents. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
- Posess the knowledge and understanding of project specifications and AIA documents including AIA A201 General Conditions and each of the various AIA contracts
- Ability to write, prepare, and understand specifications
- CCCA certification a plus
- Responsibility for processing request for information, construction change directives, proposal request, architectural supplemental instructions, shop drawings, change orders and other correspondence between General Contractor and Architect.
- Ability to perform on-site inspections of construction progress and to monitor and track construction progress and changes
- Ability to meet with General Contractor and clients to assist in construction process
- Ability to maintain logs and the tracking of all correspondence to and from General Contractor.
- Ability to evaluate applications for payment from General Contractor.
- Excellent personal interface capabilities and organizational skills to communicate effectively with Clients, General Contractors and other team members
- Strong written and multi-tasking skills are a must
- Ability to coordinate with engineering team
- Ability to lead an architectural team and delegate specific tasks to team members
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2013 or later version and/or Revit 2013 or later version
SFCS Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on any protected category in all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring. We are also an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to affirmative action and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, covered veteran status, or any other unlawful form of discrimination. As required by law, we must record certain information to be made a part of our Affirmative Action Program. Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by voluntarily self-identifying their gender, race and ethnicity, disability and veteran status as specified by the links below. Submission of this information is strictly voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information obtained will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with the provision of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will be maintained separately from your application for employment. If you do not wish to self-identify at this time, you may do so in the future by submitting this form. Failure to provide the following information will not subject you to any adverse action or treatment and will have no bearing on your employment application.Please complete the information requested below. Thank you for your cooperation.
Invitation to Self-Identify Gender, Race and Ethnicity
Invitation to Self-Identify Disability Status
Invitation to Self-Identify Veteran Status
Please submit the following to apply for a position above:
- Resume with cover letter stating your position of interest, by email to email@example.com or send to SFCS Inc., 305 S. Jefferson St., Roanoke, VA 24011, Attn: A. Satterwhite.
- Complete the Employment Application via the link above
- Complete the three (3) Invitation to Self-Identify forms (strictly voluntary), as per the links above.
Your interest in pursuing a career with SFCS is appreciated!
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTSThis employer wishes to comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and their respective implementing regulations, which require non‑exempt government contractors and subcontractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment disabled veterans, three-year recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and qualified disabled individuals. If you believe you may be covered by these laws and wish to be treated accordingly, please identify yourself either immediately or at any time in the future in confidence to the Affirmative Action Administrator. Submission of this information is voluntary, and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information provided will be kept confidential, and shall be maintained in a separate file and will be used only in accordance with federal regulations.
Edited On: 6/25/2014 10:15:45 AM